AZ ROC: Cottonwood-Based Company’s License Summarily Suspended
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, December 11, 2020
Breanna Bang, Public Information Liaison
AZ ROC: Cottonwood-Based Company's License Summarily Suspended
PHOENIX, Ariz., (Dec. 11, 2020)- On Mon Dec. 7, 2020, the Arizona Registrar of Contractors (AZ ROC) summarily suspended the KB-2 Dual Residential and Small Commercial license held by Beaumier's Design & Remodeling LLC, a Cottonwood-based contracting business.
The summary suspension proceedings were initiated earlier this month after AZ ROC investigated seven complaints against the license, three for abandonment of remodeling projects, one for abandonment of a new home build, and three for non-payment to other licensed contractors hired to work on previous projects.
Based on the complaints received and the preliminary investigation, the Agency issued a summary suspension alleging 13 charges including:
- Three counts of abandonment of a contract or refusal to work after submitting a bid on work without legal excuse for the abandonment or refusal.
- Departure from or disregard of plans or specifications without the owner's permission.
- Performing work without a permit.
- Two counts of a failure to meet the minimum elements of a construction contract as required by Arizona law.
- Knowingly contracting beyond the scope of the license.
- Two counts of failure to meet the minimum industry workmanship standards.
- Three counts of failure to pay monies in excess of $750 when due for materials or services rendered.
As the investigation continues, the formal citation may be supplemented.
A summary suspension prohibits the licensee from being able to legally contract as of the day it is issued. In turn, it requires the Agency to provide the contractor a prompt hearing at the Office of Administrative Hearings and the hearing is currently set for December 15, 2020 at 9:00 AM.